Older Adult Services
Helping Seniors to Thrive
We realized a long time ago that older members of our community are an invaluable resource in building a better tomorrow. Our senior adult services make sure our clients continue to feel included in society, whether they are able to join us for group programs or require a more personal touch with visits to their homes.
Adult Day Care Program/Shining Lights
- Our services are available to any adult 60 or older who lives in Bergen County.
- We offer the only adult day care program in Northern New Jersey that accepts visually impaired clients.
Our program is designed to stimulate social interaction and to help reduce isolation and loneliness.
- We promote mental activity through exercise, music, arts and crafts, and discussion groups.
- Our goal is to prevent premature institutionalization.
- We provide a much needed break for in-home care givers.
Care Management for the Homebound Elderly
- Need help with shopping, laundry, personal care, light house keeping, or home repairs?
- We can help with applying for PAAD, SENIOR GOLD, HEAP (heating and cooling assistance).
- We can help with applying for Homecare programs such as JACC and CCPED.
- We can help with applying for Veterans benefits and Alzheimer grants.
- We offer caregiver counseling through NJ EASE.
- We offer senior community resources and care giver resources.
- We can help with applying for the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports and the Respite Program.
- We can help with Meals On Wheels, Food Stamps and emergency goods.
- We offer information on Reverse Mortgages.
For More Info
Adult Day Care-Shining Lights
Holly Scipio, Supervisor - 201-568-0817 x 129.
Care Management - Homebound
Iris Maldonado, Supervisor Care Management - 201-568-0817
Your financial donation helps infants, children, teens and older adults. We also welcome donating your time and energy as a volunteer. Find out more...
Funded by the Bergen County Department of Human Services, Division of Senior Services.